THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST! (13th Sept)
Following the success of past years, the club is again organising a duathlon – on Sunday 24th September 2017 at 9.00am. This is to be an event for club members and their families and friends only. An entry fee of £3 is required to cover costs of medals etc. This must be paid into the club by 9.00am Saturday 16th September. Entries after this date will be accepted and will be free, but you will NOT be considered part of the competition and will not get a place or medal.
We must stress the duathlon is not open to the general public. You can take it very seriously or you can treat it as a bit of fun and bring the family and friends along – any youngsters (under-18s) must be accompanied by a parent/carer. Likewise, you do not have to ride a racing bike, though penny-farthings, uni-cycles and tandems are taking matters too far.
The format will be a run/ride/run. It will start at the car park in Chackmore at the top of Stowe Avenue. The first run will be the same route as the 3.7 mile club handicap up Welsh Lane and through Stowe Park (see “Routes we run” under “Training” for full details), then a 11.6 mile cycle ride to Syresham and back, along the recognised cycle route, returning to the car park and ending with an out-and-back run of about 1.5 miles towards Akeley.
All entrants will receive a medal but Winners Medals will only be awarded to the first placed male and female CLUB members.
See full terms of entry below.
If you wish to enter email the club hotmail account. Pay treasurer Jonathan Fox £3 cash or cheque or the club by bank transfer, (include your name in the reference): Bank Code – 30-91-39; Acc No – 00767291
Terms of entry:
1. There will be 3 competitions run concurrently – a men’s, a women’s and a team event (where one competitor completes the run sectors and another completes the cycle sector of the course).
2. The course consists of a 3.7 mile run followed by an 11.6 mile cycle ride ending in a 1.5 mile run.
3. The entry fee is £3 which must be paid before 9am on 16th September 2017. These fees are non-refundable.
4. All competitors enter the competition at their own risk.
5. All competitors MUST wear a cycle helmet for the cycling sector of the course. Cyclists failing to wear a helmet will be disqualified.
6. Competitors accept that the decision of the race referee is final.
7. Competitors must be medically fit to run and/or cycle, and understand that the organisers are not liable for any injury, illness or damage howsoever caused during or as a result of the event.
8. The first male and first female fee-paying CLUB members completing the course will receive winners medals – all other fee-paying competitors will receive a medal.