Minutes – 7th Feb 2018

Present:  Chris Usher (Chairman), Jonathan Fox (Treasurer), Laura Penny (Secretary),  Debbie Morris (Publicity & Socials),  Alex Penny (Club Coach), Steve Thomson (VC).

Apologies Jane Smith

Alex is investigating the possibility of Steve Edwards (multi-marathoner) giving a presentation in April/May.

New yellow shirts selling well at £10. More hoodies to be ordered.

Committee roles/responsibilities in light of Terry’s resignation assigned. Laura to be secretary and Debbie will take on responsibility for publicity and socials. Steve to take on several other tasks.

Club trip – New Forest had the most votes. People to book their own accommodation. Alex to make a provisional booking for an evening meal. Alex may arrange an “unofficial” Eindhoven trip.

Chris to look into hi-vis bibs & a few other items suggested by members. Alex to investigate purchase of buffs. Actual branded merchandise unlikely as large quantities need to be ordered.

Chris organising buddy systems using WhatsApp

Club trip to an athletics meeting being investigated – awaiting information from British Athletics

We’re introducing a Gold-Plus Standard this year – viz., current Gold Standard PLUS a marathon at gold standard (60% WAVA).

Concern over large numbers of people doing hill and interval sessions – and hence safety and public nuisance issues – hence a choice of activities may be introduced on such nights

Sunday Stowe dates agreed and subsequently booked – 4th March & 8th April

A ‘parkrun takeover’ by the club being arranged by Laura – members to volunteer, act as pacers etc. –agreed 10th March

Summer BBQ  discussed – Steve to plan further – now agreed venue and date – Saturday 14th July @ Akeley Village Hall

Other items discussed:

  • Andy Stiles’ Trail Runs/Aquathlons
  • Possible database of those who have suffered injuries and how best to tackle them.
  • EA Club Run
  • Policy on advertising on our Facebook pages
  • The need for a Welfare policy and a Complaints procedure
  • Members’ ICE – members to be encouraged to purchase wrist band from parkrun website
  • Committee profiles – all need to update and Run Leaders to be included

Next meeting: Wednesday 2nd May